Thursday, October 06, 2005

Death warmed over

Well, at least I feel better. It started Sunday morning and lasted through vollebyall on Tuesday, then it took a turn for the worse. The itching in my throat jumped into my head and was out of commission yesterday. I'm at work today and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a feeling I'm on the shit list, and job security should be my number one issue. What kind of scares me is that a new guy started a week or two ago, and when we were talking, he was talking about his interview. When asked, "So, why'd you apply at ?" He gave the "correct" answer that "Oh this company is so great and I've heard a lot of great things about it. Did I mention your company is great?" but then he told me, that the real answer is more like, "Well, you guys are pretty much the only ones hiring right now." So, I guess I'd better suck it up and try to improve my standing here. I've been told it's hard to get fired here, but you never know.

Plus the bad news: Kari's going to be in Texas for the next three weeks, the silver lining there is that she'll probably be home for a weekend or two in there.

Well, it's time to work the voodoo that I do...

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Hez said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I think you would really have to jump through some hoops to get fired. Lots of verbal warnings, written warnings, etc. Bummer about Kari. At least she gets to come home on the weekends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home